Sunday, 27 January 2013

My Habitat Home: How I Escaped the Flu

I can't have a flu shot.  Sure, they just created an egg free version but I don't believe I'll be taking it after the success of having health when no one else did.  SO, what did I do when apparently, the rest of the world was sick?

I started with vitamin c  I took 2,000 mg  of it at first and then when my husband got the flu, I took 1 rounded teaspoon of Buffered Vitamin C Powder and that bumped it up to 4,000 mg a day.  For me, this product is wonderful because it has no food allergens.

I knew turmeric was way up there with knocking out disease so I made tea!

1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of cloves
pinch of nutmeg
tsp fresh ginger (optional)
As much turmeric as you can handle!
Start with a teaspoon and go up from there.
1-2 cups of water
Raw honey to sweeten (I use stevia)
Milk sub of choice (I use almond because almonds increase white blood cell production) Which originally came from Meghan Telpner Cinnamon can increase resistance to and help fight the common cold by battling congestion and inducing perspiration,  reduces body temperature due to fever,  reduces headaches and migraines, can treat diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and flatulence.

Cloves can serve as antioxidant, anti-septic, local anesthetic, anti-inflammatory, rubefacient (warming and soothing), carminative and anti-flatulent. Ginger treats nausea. Nutmeg helps with pain relief and indigestion. Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent. Is a natural liver detoxifier. The other tea I drank during this time is thyme. What you need for this is thyme
squeezed lemons or lemon juice
honey

Boil your water. Take your thyme from the spice isle at the store (mine was fresh from the garden which is best if you can get it) place it in a coffee filter and tie a string around the filter let it seep for 10 minutes with the lid on. Remove and squeeze the filter. add the lemon and honey. Thyme is an expectorant which means it will make you cough out mucus. Lemon is an antioxidant and fights infection. Honey is an antibacterial  It contains an enzyme that produces hydrogen peroxide. I did have a scratchy throat but it was manageable. I was not so ill that I wanted to hug my bed and I was not vomiting and I did not have to visit the bathroom. I took the teas every few hours and I was all good to go.

No comments: